Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we all must work together to flatten the curve by limiting the amount of social contact and practicing safe hygiene practices. However, during these times people are still getting injured, in pain, and may need help to remain healthy and return to their daily lives. For those of you who do need the help of a physical therapist, but are in a higher-risk category and/or are minimizing social contact, telehealth physical therapy may be an effective option for you to manage your pain and promote your recovery.
What is Telehealth Physical Therapy?
Telehealth physical therapy is a way to connect essential healthcare services to those who are unable to access healthcare in-person. By video-conferencing with our medically compliant DOXY.me platform, you can consult with a physical therapist to manage your symptoms and help progress your recovery. At Edge Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation, our Doctors of Physical Therapy are ready to get you back to doing what you love to do in the safety and comfort of your home!
Benefits of Telehealth:
- Flatten the Curve: Reduce exposure to COVID19
- You and your physical therapist can work together to get rid of the pain, check in and progress your recovery, and get you back to what you love doing all in the safety of your home. Telehealth therapy may also reduce the need for emergency department visits and further reduce the spread of COVID-19. By attending a telehealth appointment, you can continue to take care of your health without having to expose you, your loved ones, or anyone else to COVID-19.
- Flexible Scheduling and time savings
- Save time by eliminating the commute and enjoy flexibility in your telehealth appointments! Here at Edge Physical Therapy & Rehab, we’ll do our best to accommodate your schedule. Whether it’s childcare, work commitments, or both, you can save time and squeeze in an appointment with our providers based on your convenience.
- Cost savings
- Many insurance companies are covering telehealth services at 100% due to this unprecedented time and the need for essential healthcare services . This means that you can receive the care you need without having to pay out of pocket! We also provide a significantly discounted cash rate if you are not using your insurance.
- Ergonomics and Home Exercise Assessment
- Telehealth appointments allow your physical therapist to directly assess your home office setup and refine exercise routine. Your physical therapist can offer recommendations based on your personal workspace and home gym to make both your workday and workout routine easier!
- Exercise is Medicine
- Exercise truly is one of the best ways to promote your health and fitness. Physical activity can greatly reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, breast and colon cancer, depression, and falls. Physical activity also improves sleep, relieves stress, and boosts your immune system. Through a telehealth appointment, your physical therapist can create, assess, and progress your home exercise routine to help you recover and feel your best!
If you are interested in a telehealth appointment with our Doctors of Physical Therapy or have any questions please contact us at by phone: 425-292-0223 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org