Simply put, the goal of physical therapy is to help maintain and restore functional movement allowing you to maximize your activity level and health. Physical therapy involves learning about your history, a thorough evaluation including an exam testing your strength, flexibility, range of motion as well as performing special tests to allow the therapist to form an accurate physical therapy diagnosis. Your therapist will work with your other health care providers and utilize any laboratory or imaging studies you may have already done (example: X-ray, MRI). This information along with your goals will help you and the therapist to form an individualized treatment plan. Treatment often involves a combination of manual therapy, therapeutic exercise and activities, and most importantly, patient education. They can also perform gait/balance training as well as may use pain control methods called modalities, such as ultrasound, electrotherapy or mechanical traction. At Edge Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation, we want you to be actively involved in your care and strongly feel that understanding not only your injury, but how to prevent it in the future, is of the utmost importance.
Conditions addressed and treatments provided:
- Orthopedic injuries (common examples include, but are not limited to: sprains and strains, rotator cuff tendon tears or tendonitis, patellar tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow)
- Sports injuries (sports medicine rehabilitation)
- Running injuries, with services including video gait and running analysis
- Pre and post-surgery (rehab)
- Back and neck pain and injuries
- Pediatric injuries
- Arthritis and degenerative conditions
- Balance dysfunctions
- Work related injuries
- Car accident injuries
- Pre and Post-Pregnancy
- Postural related pain and ergonomic evaluations (e.g., computer and desk set up)
- Women’s Health
Edge Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation accepts most major health insurances and is happy to bill your insurance for you. If you do not have health insurance, we also offer a reduced cash pay rate for our services. We will be happy to check your insurance eligibility and coverage details for you, please call us at (425) 292-0223 to get started or contact us at email@example.com for more information.