What to expect on your first visit and from physical therapy
Your first visit will consist of a thorough evaluation to determine your specific symptoms and needs, so we can design a program ideally suited to those concerns. We look at the bigger picture, making sure to evaluate all things that may be causing the problem or pain. Treatment will consist of patient education of your condition and tips to help you, hands-on work (both to the muscles and joints), as well as designing a specific exercise program. Some of these exercises will be done in the clinic while others you will perform independently. Your exercise program may involve strengthening or flexibility work, or a mix of the two, depending on what needs your therapist identifies in your evaluation. We will also teach you tools to maintain your health into the future and prevent re-occurrence. After your evaluation, your therapist will discuss your individualized plan and goals. We will work with you to meet your schedule and financial situation. We will walk you through the recovery process, making adjustments to your program as needed and re-evaluating your symptoms – all to foster your return to your previous activities as quickly and safely as possible.
What to bring for your first visit
- One form of ID (ex: driver’s license)
- Your health insurance card
- A referral or prescription from your doctor for physical and/or massage therapy (if needed for your insurance or given to you by your physician)
- Your co-pay (if needed by your insurance) or payment
- New patient paperwork (print from below, fill out and bring to your first appointment)
- Proper clothing (When you begin your evaluation with your therapist, you may be asked to change into a gown, shorts or a tank top to help them better perform the examination. These are available in the clinic but also please feel free to bring your own if you are more comfortable in your own clothing.)
- Mask required per state mandates
- Wash your hands or use sanitizer on entering and exiting the office
- A COVID screen will be performed (temperature check as well as most up to date Washington Department of Health symptom screening)
- If you are feeling sick or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID, please let us know before your appointment so we can reschedule you or adjust your appointment to a telehealth format vs in office.
Edge Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation accepts most major health insurances and is happy to bill your health insurance for you. If you do not have health insurance, we also offer a reduced cash pay rate for our services. We will be happy to check your insurance eligibility and coverage details for you, please call us at (425) 292-0223 to get started or for further questions. Currently our physical therapists and massage therapist are “in-network” several insurances, including Premera, Regence, Blue Cross Blue Shield, First Choice, Cigna, Great West, Uniform Medical, Lifewise, Labor & Industries (Worker’s Compensation, including State, Federal and Privately Insured claims), Car Accident (PIP) claims, and Medicare. We are out of network with Aetna and United Health Care although Edge is happy to check these benefits for you as well and often is able to see you under your out of network benefits with a similar cost to you as going to an in network provider. If you do not see your carrier listed, please call and we will check your eligibility for you as a courtesy.